5 Facts About Pamir Highway (M41)
1. In 1931 the USSR begins the construction of the Pamir highway aka M41.
2. The highway spreads over 2000km from Samarkand in Uzbekistan to Bishkek in Kyrgyzstan.
3. Historians claim the the road through the mountains was a part of the famous Silk road and along the way we can see archaeological evidence that support that theory.
4. The temperature here may vary from -40 to +35.
5. Some parts of the road are notorious with the lack of oxygen and steep hills, which may test the strength of even the most experienced travelers.